So I was at the local supermarket just browsing the produce section (that just sounds weird typing that) when I came upon a sale for brussel sprouts. This was not the first time I have seen such a sale, but this was the first time that I stopped at one. Trying to be healthier and more culinary adventurous, I decided to try my hand at them since it couldn’t be that hard right? But I knew that in order for them to be really good, I would have to combine it with bacon (obviously) so then I went to the meats section. For my first time making these, it turned out pretty good. Definitely more enjoyable than I thought since Asian people don’t generally eat brussel sprouts I feel like.
- 12-16 brussel sprouts
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh black pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Few slices of bacon (who am I to judge how many you use?)
- Shaved parmesan
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Cut brussel sprouts length wise and rinse
- In a large bowl mix the EVOO, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and garlic
- Once the sprouts are dry, toss them with the EVOO and spices to evenly coat
- Place them in the oven until tender (~20 minutes)
- Meanwhile, fry the strips of bacon
- After they cool, chop the bacon and toss with roasted brussel sprouts
- Shave a few slices of Parmesan on top and enjoy!