Today’s dish is a super simple and easy one. It is a product of being basically broke and wanting to eat healthier. I don’t think I realized that when I started all this, how expensive eating healthy can be. These skewers don’t require a lot of time, money, or preparation though, which is definitely a plus. You can make them if you are in a pinch, like me, and have little money AND little time to cook anymore. I find myself coming home from work super late and exhausted – making the prospect of cooking a daunting task. Fear not, just prep these the night before and pop em on the grill/grill pan and you are ready to go!
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into large cubes
- Ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or garlic powder)
- Parsley, finely minced
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- Cherry tomatoes
- Season the chicken cubes with pepper, salt, garlic, and parsley
- Place in a bag with lemon juice for 1 hour – overnight
- Place chicken cubes on a skewer and grill until cooked
- At the same time, lightly wilt some spinach with EVOO in a pan and add the cherry tomatoes and cook for a few minutes
- Place the skewers over the bed of spinach and tomatoes and enjoy your gluten free, high protein meal!
Yummy and healthy. That’s a win, win!