So to finish our anniversary meal, I made a vanilla souffle for dessert. I’ve tried making a souffle once before, but it didn’t turn out so well, so I thought I would try giving it another shot. I found an easier recipe to follow from Eugenie Kitchen. This one turned out pretty well I think. At the very least it was a lot better than my previous attempt.
- 4 ramekins
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup hot milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- pinch of salt
- extra butter and sugar for ramekins
- Prepare the Ramekins – brush the ramekins with room temp/slightly melted butter and then coat with sugar (pouring out any excess)
- In a sauce pan on medium heat, melt the butter and add the flour (cook and stir for ~1 minute)
- Remove the pan and stir in the hot milk
- Put the pan back on the stove and bring to a boil, stirring often
- Remove from heat and add the 2 egg yolks individually, stirring to combine
- Transfer the sauce to a bowl
- To make the meringue, whisk the egg whites in a bowl until you get firm peaks
- Add the sugar slowly, while continuing to whisk
- Add about one third of the meringue into the earlier sauce and whisk thoroughly
- Pour all sauce into meringue and whisk until combined
- Spoon the mix into the ramekins and run a finger around the rim of the ramekins to help them rise straight
- Bake at 390 degrees for about 15 minutes and serve immediately
Who ate the 4th one?
Nate and I ate 3 >.<
Oh, I can eat 6 by myself! I love souffle….it’s challenging to make though… Well done!
Definitely going to make these ones when I want to surprise friends with a desert. Thanks for the comment btw. You know what? I would like to know something about your favourite foods and so on. Would you like to do the nom nom nom tag? The questions are the ones in my article. Xx
Challenge accepted. I have to think about my answers a little and then I will post it.
This looks tasty! xxx
Looks amazing! Can’t wait to try this salad.
Thank you. Let me know how yours turns out. Hope you like it