So like I said yesterday, I would also post the halibut I made for Jenn for our anniversary. It was a halibut filet on a bed of wilted spinach and tomatoes. It was topped with lemon butter and surrounded with fried shallots. I got the recipe from here.
Ingredients and instructions for Lemon Butter:
- Mix 1/2 stick room temp butter with 1tbsp lemon juice
- Add a little salt, pepper, and lemon zest
Ingredients for halibut:
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice (I just squeezed a 1/2 lemon though)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced/smashed
- Shallots cut into rings
- Mix the EVOO, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic
- Marinate and coat the halibut and let stand for 15 minutes
- On med-high heat add EVOO to a saucepan and fry the shallots until crisp
- In a skillet on med-high heat, take the halibut from the marinade and sear on both sides for ~3 minutes
- Plate the halibut (I put it on a bed of spinach and tomatoes) and top with lemon butter
- Surround with shallots and dig in!