Today was really hot, so I decided to make a salad for lunch. Now when I say salad, don’t think lettuce with this one. This is more of a “pasta salad” with somen noodles, a really thin Japanese noodle. I got this recipe from my mom because I loved it as a kid growing up. She always loathed making it because of all the cutting, but did it anyways because she knew how much I liked it. The recipe itself is super easy, its just slightly labor intensive when it comes to adding stuff, due to chopping and julienning. But if you have a peeler that juliennes like I do, then its pretty quick. I should get my mom one so that she can keep making this for me lol. Anyways, here it is.
- 5 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dash of ground ginger
- 5-8 slices of deli ham, chopped (or some other kind of meat)
- 2 eggs, fried, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 Cucumber, julienned
- ~1 lb of somen noodles (the package I bought was 14oz)
- Mix the vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and ginger in a bowl and refrigerate
- Boil the somen noodles until cooked (be aware, they cook fast), and then rinse with cold water (you want the noodles to be fairly cold when you eat)
- Fry the 2 eggs
- Chop/julienne the cucumbers, eggs, green onions, and ham
- Add them to the noodles, pour the sauce over it, mix, and enjoy!
Thank you! Hope you get to try it out
Finally, a salad that isn’t all lettuce!
Yup. Salads are more fun to eat this way
Psh, who likes lettuce? This salad sounds much better. 😉
Seriously you need a cookbook!!
Thank you for the compliment. Maybe one day in the future haha
It’s amazing what us Moms do for our kids! But this looks worth the effort, I might even try it for my kid!
It really is! I hope it is worth the effort and that they like it. Let me know if they do or not
This looks so delicious and what beautiful pictures! I love all the ingredients you put in it, especially the sesame oil. I am going to save this to make soon!
Thank you! Its a favorite of mine, so I hope you like it! Let me know how it turns out
Oh this is awesome! And relatively simple!
Great job on recreating this 🙂
This is beautiful and it looks sooo good ❤
This looks amazing, I love the colour. Beautiful recipe!
Thank you! I hope you get to try it out