Today was an easy going day. I left work early, took a nap, and decided to make a pasta for dinner. Shrimp was on my mind, so the obvious choice was to make a shrimp scampi. I really like shrimp scampi, but weirdly, I have never ordered it at a restaurant, nor have I ever made it before. I guess that is because my mom loves shrimp scampi and it’s almost a 100% guarantee that she will order it, which would allow me to finish her meal or at least steal some when we go out. But today I made it for the first time, but definitely not the last. Oh, and I got the recipe courtesy of the Food Network.
- 1 lb pasta (I used linguine)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp EVOO
- 2 shallots, finely diced (I used red onions since I already had some)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch red pepper flakes,to taste
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (I used a Pino Grigio)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley leaves
- Salt and boil pasta, then drain
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in 2 tbsp EVOO in a large skillet or saucepan over med-high heat
- Saute shallots (onions), garlic, and pepper flakes until the onions are cooked through
- Salt and pepper the shrimp
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook until pink/orange, then remove the shrimp
- Add the wine and lemon juice, bring to a boil
- Add 2 tbsp EVOO and melt 2 tbsp butter into the liquid
- Add the shrimp, parsley, and pasta to the mix
- Add salt and pepper and mix thoroughly
- Eat it!
The recipe online also says to drizzle some EVOO on top at the end, but I found this to be unnecessary since there was plenty of oil before that, so I didn’t add any. This recipe was a lot simpler and quicker than I thought it would be, which is pretty awesome, because it was pretty delicious. Add some parmesan cheese and top it with some parsley and that’s it. Hope you enjoy it too.