I haven’t been doing my part in our joint blog so Nate coerced me in writing this one or else he wasn’t going to post anymore. 😛 Nate and I threw an intimate dinner and game night about a week ago so I’m deciding to share a small piece of what chef Nate had prepared. Today, I will be presenting a super easy quick recipe that is perfect for summer. It’s a strawberry balsamic salad with feta cheese. I’ve actually been eating this salad for several days since it was so yummy (mostly because I can’t cook). It’s really great for lunch or as an addition to a main course.
Main Salad Ingredients
- Spring Mix
- Feta Cheese
Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 1 tbsp Strawberry Balsamic
- Pinch of Salt
- Dash of Pepper
- To make the salad dressing, mix all the ingredients listed above in a small bowl.
- Cut the lemon and squeeze the juice into the dressing. Mix well.
- Slice the strawberries thinly for the salad
- Mix the spring mix, strawberries, and walnuts together
- Now add the strawberry balsamic dressing to the salad
- Add fresh feta cheese as desired
That was pretty easy right? I don’t even think I needed the steps for the recipe. The feta cheese wasn’t too overpowering since it was balanced well by the sweetness of the strawberries. Overall, it was an awesome start to the meal and was our only veggie for that night. Bon appetit! 🙂