So I made crab cakes a few times awhile back and have been meaning to make it again and post it here. It took a lot longer than I expected to get around to it, but I finally brought myself to do it (mostly because I happened to have most of the ingredients already on hand). I followed the recipe from here, and they turned out pretty good. They aren’t that hard to make and the most challenging thing is probably trying to keep them together when you put them in the frying pan. Other than that, pretty simple.
- 1 lb crab meat (I used canned crab b/c I am cheap and lazy)
- 1/3 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bell peppers
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Flour, for dusting
- Mix all the ingredients, besides the flour, in a bowl
- Form the cakes and dust with flour
- Add oil to large frying pan/skillet and place on medium heat
- When the oil is hot, add the cakes (being careful to keep their shape) and cook until brown
- Serve with sauce
I made a roasted red pepper sauce using jarred roasted red peppers, mayonnaise, and a dash of salt. I placed the ingredients in a food processor and pulsed a few times until the peppers had blended with the mayo. I placed the cakes on a bed of greens and served with the sauce. The crab cakes turned out well, but were a tad on the salty side. This may be due to using canned crab, but next time I will definitely use a touch less salt. Hope you enjoy!
Wow, looks great, and artfully done in this photo ^.^
At my place in het estates, we are right on nether beach, so my mom likes to go out and out crab pots down ad catch grab. – Dungeness crab – and sometimes make stuff like this. Tanks for sharing this!
Thank you! That sounds pretty nice and lucky that you get such fresh crab.
I’m not a crab person but these look tasty.
Thanks! It definitely was. Hope you get a chance to try it out.
OMG Nate!!! I love crab cakes!!! This I’ll have to make…. 😛