So on my home from work today, I was thinking spaghetti because I was feeling lazy. And what is easier than ground beef and pasta sauce? But then I thought I should put in some effort and stopped at the market to buy some bacon in order to make a carbonara. I love carbonara and order it quite often. I enjoy the creaminess of the pasta, and of course, the bacon/pancetta. So I started to make this dish, and guess what? NO CREAM. I had no idea. I would have put money on it that there was some heavy cream involved. But alas, there is not, which isn’t a bad thing. I got the recipe from the Food Network. Other than that, this dish came out quite well, but it was fairly heavy, and we had no room for dessert after (even though I had bought a cheesecake).
- 1lb spaghetti
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 4 bacon strips sliced (I used 8 lol)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and boil pasta
- While pasta is cooking, fry the bacon in a large, deep skillet on medium heat until crisp
- Add the garlic and continue to saute for a minute
- Mix the 2 eggs and parmesan cheese together, avoiding clumps
- Drain the noodles well, and toss into the bacon fat, coating them well
- Mix the noodles in the fat for a minute over heat
- Remove the pan from heat and mix in the egg and parmesan mix, allowing the hot noodles to cook the eggs
- Add a dash of chopped parsley to each plate and enjoy
that looks so delicious! (:
Simple ingredients, yet a delightful recipe 🙂
Can I use garlic salt instead of garlic cloves?
Thanks! I would probably stay away from garlic salt. There is so much parmesan cheese, which is really salty, so I would maybe use garlic powder instead if you don’t want to use garlic cloves.
Great then I’ll go with garlic powder…
Beautiful! One of my favorites.
Looks great. Carbonara is one of my absolute favourites! 🙂