Yesterday was mine and Jenn’s 5 year anniversary (no idea we’d make it that far), and in lieu of going out for a fancy dinner, as is usually the thing, we decided to cook (well I decided to cook). We are going to Europe in a few weeks so we decided to keep it relatively inexpensive and tame at home for our celebration. I had a hard time deciding what to make, but I ended up on a roasted rack of lamb for me and a halibut filet with lemon butter for her (which will be posted later). So here goes.
Ingredients (completely made up recipe)
- Rack of lamb
- Bread crumbs
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic
- Score the fat of the rack
- Salt and pepper generously
- Add thyme, oregano, and minced garlic
- Brush with olive oil
- Coat lightly with bread crumbs
- In a cast iron pan sear the rack of lamb on all sides over high heat
- Finish cooking by baking in the oven at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes
- Let sit for 15 minutes and then devour it
Happy 5 you guysssss!
yay shanks!! 🙂
Wow, that looks AMAZING!