So last week Jenn asks me if I have ever had Poke Salad. Being Asian and a sushi/sashimi lover, I thought that was a weird question, because of course I have. And my awesome reaction was “Yeah, hasn’t everyone?”. Apparently not….awkward… Anyways, she said she wanted to try it, and I told her to order it whenever she goes out again. But then we figured it would be better if I just made it and we put it up on here, so here it is.
- Ahi Tuna (1-2lbs)
- 3 Green Onions chopped
- 1 White/Red Onion julienned
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Ginger grated
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- Chili Flakes to taste
- Wonton Skins (thick)
- Cut the Ahi into small cubes (1/2 inch), put in bowl, and refrigerate for ~30 min
- Mix the onions, green onions, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, and chili flakes in a bowl
- Refrigerate the mix for ~30 min
- Deep fry the wonton skins until crisp and golden brown
- Take the 2 bowls out of the refrigerator and mix the tuna into the sauce
- Serve with the fried wonton skins
I topped it with a seaweed salad I got from a local Asian market for color.