My sister reminded me the other day that I needed to use our bok choy soon, otherwise it was going to go bad. Instead of being a normal person and using what I had in the fridge to make a meal, I went out and bought some fish in order to not waste $2 worth of bok choy lol. Anyways, I bought cod since that seemed easiest at the moment. This was a pretty fast meal that you can make in about the time it takes your pot of rice to cook, so everything will be ready at the same time, which is always a good feeling.
- Cod fillets
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- Dash of white pepper
- Bok Choy, halved
- Jasmine rice
- Place the cod fillets, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and white powder and let marinate for 30 min
- In a skillet, over med heat, fry the bok choy halves (turn sparingly) in 1 tbsp of oil
- In a large frying pan, over med-high heat, heat the oil until smoking
- Add the cod fillets and cook thoroughly and there’s a nice, crisp to the outside (~3 min on each side)
- Place the fish and bok choy over a bed of rice and eat
All in all a quick, healthy, and flavorful Asian meal. Hope you enjoy it!
theres something really lovely about bok choi, I never get fed up with it!
Your post reminds me I have some greens in my fridge that need to be used up soon too! I nominated you two for the Liebster award here: http://conscientiouscookie.com/2014/09/liebster-award/ Cheers!